When Wednesday came we were sick of studying , or in Julie's case: Not being able to start to study, so we decided to take a tour to Pele Island. Actually, we decided this Tuesday evening. Come 7.30 Wednesday morning, the phone rang and someone had canceled, leaving us unable to go. Personally I blame to much spiked coconut juice the day before..
Julie spent most of the day sleeping and I went to explore town. I bought a practical little sumfin sumfin for my guy for Christmas and replied to a couple of e-mails at a random Internet cafe. (If you ever need someone to e-mail, my brother would be your man..) I went to a store called Nambatu, instead of catching the outdoor movie at Nambawan Cafe. Starting to recognize a pattern? Number Two and Number One? In Vanuatu they speak both French, English and the very funny language Bislama (they put Blong everywhere..). Let me give you a crash course:
1. Alo
2. Plis
3. Skiusmi
4. Hamas?
5. Yu gat..?
6. Ples
7. Totel
Don't tell me that you don't understand it... :P (Hello, Please, Excuse me, How much?, You got..?, Place, Turtle). Now let me give you a few sentences now that you've fully comprehended Bislama.
Call a doctor/police! - Singalot doctor/polis!
Piano - black fala box we igat black teeth, hemi gat white teeth you faetem hard I singout
A bra - basket blong titi
Violin - wan smol box blong white man, oli scratchem beli I singout gudfala
A saw - Pulem I kam, pushem I go, wood I fall down
or the bit scary..
A helicopter - mixmaster blong Jesus Christ
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar